Tuesday, May 08, 2007

This weekend I took every bit of information that has already been collected on all sides of my family and compiled it into one pedigree. There's a lot of it, and it took a long time, but now that it's done it's much easier to sort through! My parents have asked me to concentrate on my maternal grandmother's family, so that's what I'm doing now. At first I was all excited because according to what my distant cousin had put together there was a husband and wife in this family line (my 4th grandparents?) who died on the same day in 1748 - both young. That could have led to a really fascinating story - a fire or a murder or something. Alas, when I found other people's records on Rootsweb it turned out that they both died "sometime after" that day in 1748. So no juicy story there. But that's okay, that leaves me with the mystery of when they did actually die. I'm also stuck on immigration records. The man I'm looking for came over from Scotland in the last half of the 18th century and settled in PA. But did he sail directly to PA? And can I narrow down the date of his sailing? And why, oh why, does he have to have one of the most generic names in the world - William Wilson?
A few things I need to do:
  • get my printer working!
  • find and read one really good book about doing online genealogy research (since that's all I can do right now)
  • get back to work.
And so to work....

No comments: