Saturday, December 06, 2008

Wow! It's been exactly one year since my last post. I still haven't really decided if I care to make the commitment to blogging. Funny thing is, I've got two of these things that I'm neglecting. One's supposed to be my "professional" blog, but I don't give it any time either.

So in my last post I announced my engagement. We got married just weeks later - we were only engaged for a month! After the wedding we moved to South Carolina, but truth be told we don't really like it here all that much. It's okay, but we left behind all our friends and our family. So now I'm trying desperately to find a job back in AL so we can move back and have friends again. That said, we really don't regret moving out here. We needed to get away from our hometown together and try living on our own for a while. It did two things - proved to us both that we could handle married life without our parents' interference, and convinced us that AL is, indeed, home, which neither of us wanted to admit when we were there.

We'll see what happens. In the meantime, I've got two weeks to knit Christmas presents for five people, so I'd better get back to it!

No comments: